Res-Q-Vac is a hand-powered portable suction system that creates hospital-level suction power without batteries or electricity.
Res-Q-Vac is ideal for oral suctioning, and other situations where suction is needed:
- Crash carts and emergency response kits, the emergency room, isolation units, for general floor use and as a back up suction system throughout the hospital.
- Gentle, controlled suction during childbirth and for meconium aspiration in newborns, and for pediatric emergencies.
- Nursing homes and in extended care settings where wall suction may not be available
Res-Q-Vac is a hand-powered portable suction system consisting of the reusable Res-Q-Vac suction pump handle, and a variety of disposable suction canister and suction tube configurations.
The Res-Q-Vac weighs less than 1⁄2 pound and uses no batteries or electricity—and only two compressions of the handle can create hospital-level suction power of over 400 mmHg to meet most suction needs. Suction levels of over 550 mmHg can be achieved if needed.
Unlike electric or battery-powered suction systems, Res-Q-Vac is always ready to use on a moment’s notice because it does not rely on batteries or electricity to work—and it requires no maintenance! Res-Q-Vac is great for crash carts and emergency response kits, the emergency room, isolation units, for general floor use and as a back up suction system throughout the hospital.
Res-Q-Vac can be used to provide gentle, controlled suction during childbirth and for meconium for aspiration in newborns, and for pediatric emergencies. Ideal for patients from newborns to adults.
Res-Q-Vac’s light weight and small size make it the perfect solution for suction needs in nursing homes and in extended care settings where wall suction may not be available.
The Res-Q-Vac design is time tested and has been used extensively by emergency medical services around the United States and the world.
The Res-Q-Vac is ideal for oral suctioning, and other situations where controlled suction is needed. Res-Q-Vac is also available in combination with our Plak-Vac® Suction Toothbrush to allow effective oral hygiene for people with swallowing difficulties.
Res-Q-Vac is available with a 300 cc suction canister and these catheter options:
- A Soft Large Bore catheter with beveled tip (1⁄2 inch diameter, 7 1⁄2 inches long)
- A Rigid Yankauer style suction tube (5⁄16 inch diameter, 7 inches long)
- Two 14 French ( 3⁄16 inch) catheters ( 3 1⁄2 inches and 14 inches long)