For over 15 years, bioXtra Oral Moisturizing Gel has been used to successfully treat dry mouth and associated symptoms in Europe and around the world. Now, bioXtra Oral Moisturizing Gel is available in the United States.
Saliva moisturizes and lubricates the oral cavity and is an important part of the mouth’s natural defense system. Reduced saliva production can lead to dry mouth and disrupt the natural microenvironment of the mouth, resulting in discomfort, bad breath, and poor oral health, which can affect health and well being.
bioXtra Oral Moisturizing Gel can provide symptomatic relief from chronic or temporary dry mouth and associated symptoms through a combination of moisturizers that soothe and lubricate, and naturally occurring enzymes found in the oral cavity and saliva that help regulate the microenvironment of the mouth.
Apply bioXtra Oral Moisturizing Gel liberally to gums and tongue, or under dentures to relieve dryness, especially at night. Remove or spit out excess. Package Label and Instructions
- Safety and effectiveness has not been tested on children.
- bioXtra Oral Moisturizing Gel is for oral use only. Keep out of reach of children.
- bioXtra Oral Moisturizing Gel contain traces of milk and egg-white proteins. Do not use if allergic to any of the ingredients.
- Store between 7 and 37°C (45- 98°F)
- bioXtra is a registered trademark of Lifestream Pharma nv, sa Seneffe, Belgium
Humphrey SP, Williamson RT. A review of saliva: normal composition, flow, and function. J Prosthet Dent. 2001;85:162-169.
Managing xerostomia and salivary hypofunction. A Report of the American Dental Association Council of Scientific Affairs, 2015
de Almeida PDV, et al. Saliva composition and functions: a comprehensive review. J Contemp Dent Pract 2008 March; (9)3:72-80.